Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Funny Incident At a Free Online Dating Site

Sometimes life throws up some funny surprises at you that you have never expected to meet them. I faced one such incident at a free online dating site recently.

It started when I registered at this free online dating website and, like the usual online dating rituals, I set up an attractive profile of mine and uploaded a couple of my photographs to begin my online dating journey. Then I browsed through other profiles and search through them to find some ideal matches so that I could contact them. I came across a few good-looking single men’s profiles with impressive descriptions, and I couldn’t help sending a few messages to them.

The next day when I entered that free online dating site and logged in to my account, I was pleasantly surprised to find a couple of replies from those single men I had sent my messages to. Most of them had thrown up cheesy lines, but the one that caught my fancy was a guy from Vancouver. His name is Mike and his lines seemed pretty romantic, and I felt like visiting his profile once more. He looked like a very honest, down-to-earth and eligible single and I thought I had found the Mr. Right already. I sent Mike an e-mail and he replied back on the same day. From the next day, we chatted a lot on that free online dating site using the instant messenger tool.

The more we
interacted, the more we got close and intimate online. We found that we had a lot of things in common. For instance, I was serious about some social and environmental issues and when I saw Mike had written a few blogs on the site about ‘global warming’, I was so very impressed. A couple of weeks after we chatted on the free online dating site, I wanted to introduce Mike to my best friend Melinda. Melinda was aware of me finding someone on a free online dating site, but she had no idea about who he was.

Before introducing Mike to Melinda, I shared Mike’s profile index number with Melinda, and guess what – her jaws almost fell off in dismay. I was equally surprised about why she reacted in this manner. After about ten minutes of deafening silence, finally she said that she knew Mike since a long time. I was extremely embarrassed to discover that Mike was Melinda’s ex-boyfriend and they had broken up about six months ago.

Melinda helped me ease up and take it easy, and said that it was a mutual break-up. She suggested that I should continue being Mike’s friend. Now, it’s been almost a year since that happened. Mike doesn’t know a thing about it, and we have even gone on dates several times. Anyways, I would like to thank this free online dating site for offering me a great guy like Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment